You will usually get a notecard for each new routine. Either it will appear in the show card or in group announcements. Read that notecard. Twice.
Everybody saves their show outfits differently. Some use the Outfits tab in the Appearance window. Others use a folder in Inventory. Each has its ups and downs.
I have a top-level inventory folder called #Debauche Outfits. I put all of my show outfits in there.
Make a new outfit folder
Here’s how I build an outfit folder for an act:
- Copy your body template. Each folder should start off with a copy of its own head, hands, feet, and body. Your feet will almost always be on your tippy-toes. But if you are wearing solid boots, you might not need to wear feet at all. That way, you don’t have to remember to alpha them out.
- TIP: If a routine calls for “Wear the stockings that you wore in the X routine” you can just copy the folder from that routine to make the new routine.
- Rename the new folder for routine. The title of the folder is the name of the routine. The title also can contain reminders to check alphas, which spot is diva, if it’s serious, and so on.
(Diva is important for times that you need to stand out from the others with a special hair, tattoo, makeup or skin for that act. In Ghost Majik, when I am diva, I wear slightly more advanced attachments and skin so I stand out, as opposed to when I am just in the line.)
- Add notecard. Copy the outfit notecard into that routine folder so you have it handy. If multiple outfits appear in a notecard, copy the notecard into each routine it covers.
- Apply stockings. Apply any stockings and other appliers to the body and feet. This includes wet looks for water or beach acts.
- TIP: Create a notecard in the folder and rename it after the HUD you use to apply those stockings. Then you can search for that name to quickly re-apply that stocking layer in an emergency.
And if you can, remove all scripts from the hair after you color and size it. (Make a backup copy first.)
If a routine calls for different styles of outfit (Bad Nightwear, Bad Daywear, etc.) just create a separate folder for each each outfit and use a descriptive title for each.
How to use it
If you use the Outfits tab in the Appearance window, scroll down to the desired outfit and click it. Then, click Wear.
If you use an Inventory folder, scroll down to the desired outfit and right-click it. Then click Replace Current Outfit.
Did you know that you can access Appearance window outfits from Inventory? Scroll down to the Outfits folder and open it. Then right-click the desired outfit and click Replace Current Outfit.
And Search is a lot faster in the Inventory folder than it is in the Appearance window.