Firstly, you must enable RLV on your viewer in order to use Costume Assistant.
To turn on RLV, do the following:
- Open Preferences (Control-P).
- Click the Firestorm tab.
- Click the Extras tab.
- Select the Allow Remote Scripted Viewer checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Restart your viewer.
This will create the #RLV top-level folder in your inventory. If it doesn’t, then create a top-level folder called #RLV:
When an outfit notecard tells you to create an RLV folder, create it in here.
Configure Costume Assistant
Costume Assistant allows a choreographer to send commands that will add or remove items from your avatar. This allows for clothes changes when the clothes cannot be modified to use scripted commands.
You must purchase the Costume Assistant from Marketplace or Spot On’s in-world store.
You can find it on Marketplace at: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Spot-On-Costume-Assistant/5962411
To configure it:
- Create a master copy of your Costume Assistant.
- Wear it. It will appear as a star on your screen.
- Right-click and edit it.
- In the Properties window, click the Content tab.
- Open the !Configuration notecard.
- Update the end of the notecard to use the following settings:
# Add the user names of individuals allowed to command your HUD
# One name per line.
- Save the notecard
- Then, copy and paste a link to that Costume Assistant into any routine that needs it.
When you put on the Costume Assistant, make sure that the star is gold.
Okay, if RLV is needed for an act, do the following:
- Create a subfolder in the #RLV directory.
- Name it what the notecard says to name it.
- Put the RLV-ed items in your normal outfit folder.
- Copy each item and paste a link into the new subfolder in the #RLV directory.
- (Use links, not full copies of each item. Otherwise, you will wear two copies of each item and never appear to take them off in the show.)
- (You cannot copy and paste no-copy items. You will need to right-click and copy, then right-click and Paste a Link.)
Say /44 addfolder FOLDERNAME where FOLDERNAME is the name of the folder you wish to add.
Say /44 removefolder FOLDERNAME where FOLDERNAME is the name of the folder you wish to remove.
Do you use the Favorites feature in Firestorm? Drag the Costume Assistant into there so you can quickly add it.
Centering a photo tool
If you take a lot of photos, one neat trick is to put the star in the center bottom of your screen. That way, you have a visual marker for center without it appearing in your photos.