Here are ways that we engage our audience and promote the show…
- The Debauched group chat a few times a day.
- The Debauched group notice.
- Update The Debauched group description.
- Notice in the home Venue Group (usually done by host).
- Venue Group chat 30 minutes before show.
Dance Queens Group:
- Send notecard to Dance Queens mailbox for their calendar and blog.
- Dance Queens chat 30 minutes before show.
Other Second Life Groups:
(This is a judgment call… do not post the notice in unrelated groups. You may piss them off.)
(This is another judgment call… some people like these. Some people don’t. I firmly believe in opt-in marketing, where you ask permission for such things and must receive consent. And I have defriended people who exploit their friends for such purposes.)
- Post notice text in Debauche Google Calendar entries.
- Post routine order in Debauche Google Calendar entries.
- Post routine posters to Flickr Group.
- Post next show notice to admin Blast to Flickr Group.
- Add your photos of our shows to the Flickr Group
- Cull non-Debauche photos from Flickr Group.
- Invite others’ photos of our shows to the Flickr Group
- Post routine posters to Facebook Group. (Watch out for nudity!)
- Post upcoming Event in Debauche Facebook page.
- Post acknowledgements of photos and videos and other things to the timeline.
- Post to Promos on Debauche Discord.
- Post to Entertainment – Shows on media-sl.com Discord.
- Post a teaser on the official Twitter account.
- Post routine posters to feed.
- Post shot of the show.
- Post videos.
- Add videos to Debauche channel playlists.
Other ways to help
- Wear group titles.
- Add https://debauche.dance/ to your profile.
- Add Debauche to your profile picks.
- Add https://debauche.dance/ to other relevant social media.
- Flickr post of the show poster.
- Facebook share of post or post your own.
- Engage with audience in social media.
- my.secondlife.com post.
Post a notice
How to post a notice:
- Open your Communications window (Control-T).
- Click Groups tab on top.
- Click The Debauched.
- Click Info.
- Click Notices tab.
- Click + New Notice button.
- Enter a title for the announcement in the Subject text box.
- Copy the part of the promo from the notecard.
- Paste it into the Message text box.
- If the notice contains a SLURL, drag and drop the poster to the Attach area.
- If the notice does not contain a SLURL, drag and drop the landmark to the Attach area.
Add Event to Facebook
- Open the Facebook Group at https://facebook.debauche.dance/.
- In the Create bar, click Event.
- Enter Event Name.
- Click Online Event checkbox.
- Under Link, post the SLURL.
- Enter the notice text under Description.
- Under Category, select Dance.
- Select the right Start and End dates.
- Select the right Start and End times for your time zone.
- Click Publish button.
Send notice to Dance Queens
(You must be a member of Dance Queens to submit a notecard. This is Web’s rule.)
To get on the Dance Queens blog and calendar:
- Go to Dance Queens headquarters at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hits%20Expert%20Island/164/173/22
- Drop the notecard on the mailbox.
In the event of a sim crash or a sim too lagged to use:
- Notify the audience.
- Notify The Debauched.
- Notify Dance Queens.
- Update the Google Calendar.
Due to technical issues, we are moving today’s Debauche show to our home theatre on Champions Isle. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Champion%20Isle/66/114/2001 We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for understanding.
If there are others, let us know!