WARNING: When you need to go away or afk for a bit during a show, just announce it in the show chat. Do not use Away or Unavailable during a show. And turn off your Away timeout during shows so that you don’t hang your head down during a show.
To turn off auto-away during a show, perform the following steps:
- Open Preferences with Control-P.
- Click the General tab.
- Change the Away timeout drop-down picklist to never.
- Click OK.
To set Away or Unavailable manually, perform the following steps:
- In the menu bar, click Comm and then click Online status.
- Click the status to toggle.
Customize your /away message
You can customize your /away message easily.
You usually start with an /away gesture. But if you’ve deleted it, you can re-create it with the following steps:
- Open the Gestures window with Control-G.
- Click the plus sign to create a new gesture.
- Change the Description to Away.
- Change the Trigger to /away. Do not forget the slash, or every time you type the word away you’ll be set to Away status.
- Click Start Animation in the Steps: area.
- Change the Animation to play drop-down menu to Away.
- Select the Active checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
When you type /away in chat, you’ll be set to Away status.
Want an /afk gesture too?
Just copy the /away gesture you created and change the Trigger to /afk.