Highlight Your Name
Firestorm can highlight your name in a special color and make a special alert sound when people say it.
- Open Preferences (Control-P).
- Click Chat
- Click Keyword Alerts
- Enable the checkbox for Enable Keyword Alerts
- Enable the checkbox for Look for Keyword Alerts in Local Chat
- Enable the checkbox for Look for Keywords in IMs and Group Chat
- Enable the checkbox for Only match whole word
- Enter Keywords in a comma-separated list. In my case, I added: R., R
- Enable the checkbox for Enable Color Alert:
- Set it to a color different from your other chat, such as Yellow
- If you need a sound alert, enable that checkbox and enter the UUID of a sound object. (Right click any sound, select Properties, and copy the UUID).
- Click OK
Now when someone says R. or R (but not Robot or Retard), it is highlighted in yellow.
Some gestures will spread out G R E A T S H O W !!!! and will give false positives, but that’s not too bad a distraction.
NOTE: This is why you don’t ever say READY… it pings Geordie.